Thursday, September 25, 2008

NATS

In just 16 days I am presenting at the Nebraska Association of Teachers of Science (NATS) Conference. A good friend of mine from Elmwood Murdock introduced me to the conference many years ago and I fell in love with it instantly. It's a smaller conference with people I love to be around. People who love teaching. Love teaching science. And, maybe, just maybe a little zany. In fact, I think this would be a great conference for my American Idol, Bill Nye the Science guy, to attend. I think he would fit right in!

My presentation is going to be Integrating Technology into the Science Curriculum and I've been working on it for almost 6 months. It won't be nearly as engaging as Doc Gizmo or some of the other phenomenal presenters, but I really wanted to start sharing with others. A small (and forgiving) audience like those at NATS seemed like the perfect place to start.

Sometimes I feel what I have to share is of value and other times, I don't know if what I have to share is worth much at all. I just know that I have a passion for technology in education and if I could get just one teacher to increase their use of technology with students through this conference, I would call it a success.

I'm a little nervous. I've never really presented professionally to anyone. I hope it goes okay. I hope what I have to share if valuable to those who attend. Wish me good luck. I'm going to need it!

No comments: