Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Words on My Board

I teach computer to K-5th graders. Today...as I'm erasing my white board...I am wondering about what I'm teaching. In the last two weeks the following words have been erased from my whiteboard:

Space, Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto, Weather, Water Cycle, Cloud, Tornado, Hurricane, Cumulus, Cumulonimbus, Stratus, Cirrus, Cirriocumulus, Mammal, Bird, Reptile, Amphibian, Fish, Invertebrate, Rocks, Minerals, Crystals Sedimentary, Metamorphic, Igneous, Sandstone Shale, Limestone, Chalk Granite Basalt, Obsidian, Pumice, Coal, Marble, Slate, Quartzite, Quartz, Feldspar, Mica, Calcite, Halite, Talk Galena, Pyrite, Copper Sulfide, Sulfur, Simple Machines, Lever, Pulley, Wedge, Wheel and Axle, Inclined Plane, and Screw.

Intersting words for a computer lab...don't you think?

No comments: