Wednesday, October 22, 2008

To Stream or Not to Stream...That is the ?

Blogs are great. I love them! Have 7 different ones to "organize" my life, my writing.

Blogs let me vent. Voice my opinions (even if it's only for my benefit). I don't often "speak my mind". I'm often a chicken, but when I'm passionate, I'll speak up. Blogs let me "speak" about my passions.

Usually, I'll just voice my opinion via email, chat or blog, but often can't say what I'm really thinking out loud. Blogging has helped me think and challenge my own self/brain. Teaching is often an isolated job. I'm not often with a group of people to have meaningful, passionate conversations with. I like meetings that make me think. Meetings where we discuss things and I leave still wanting more. My brain hungers for the challenge. They motivate me. Make me want more. Blogs let me say what I'm thinking when there is no one there to listen.

This blog streams into a community blog in my school district. I flip flop often on whether I should remove it. I'm voicing my opinion for everyone to see. I feel I'm pretty careful with what I blog in this blog knowing that my coworkers, boss, etc might stumble upon it. But what I say is just my opinion. Opinions made public. A little scary for me. Today, I'll allow this to stream because today I feel like what I have to say is important, but by tomorrow (or next week, next month) I might change my mind.

No comments: